Sunday, June 1, 2008

june 1st

hey, it's a new month. today was a real summer day which for us is hot! this dress is a vintage dress from a friend who gave me her collection of vested gentress smocks. the company made these preppy screen prints in pennsylvania. this one features frogs. since i have started this project i have made one trip to target with my family. it was really clear to me that the whole retail set-up is designed to get me to purchase something easily and cheaply. i know this because it has been my business of 20 years but it really sinks in when you go off retail. over the past few years it has been increasingly difficult for me to purchase clothes. every time i buy a sweater my husband and i wonder who has paid with their health for my cheap top.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. Aesthetic,
Is there any way to display a larger image? Typically, when I'm passing judgment on people, I get to see more details. And I have a drink in my hand.

critically yours (or not),
Charley

kristin said...

i am using a template which doesn't allow me to size things, my advisor says i should just respond with, "i don't know, i'm a fashion designer"