Tuesday, June 3, 2008

june 3rd

summer is here and the possible combinations are still nearly endless! this top was bought at target on sale 1.5 years ago. the skirt also is a target purchase, two springs back. neither has been worn much...like many of my clothes.
does anyone have any opinions about how many clothes it is reasonable for one person to own? if i have 40 sweaters should i cut it in half to 20 sweaters. or should i make a lifelong project out of it, keep it all and never buy an article of clothing again?
comments please!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. Aesthetic,
Using a set calipers and other basic attitud-nal measurements, this seems to be the most hip action yet.

Clothes seem to be alot like tree rings. We'll have to do a family guessimate as to the sweater count. Or since this series looks like it might last long into the fall or spring, maybe we should do a collective tally of seasonal items. I can say we have a real shoe problem is our house.

Of course, a big big part of the problem is the need for "new" – I might as well be the first to get that idea out. In the current state of things, if there is not enough newness in the weekly wardrobe, in contrast it seems as if the person moving backwards.

Backwards towards what? I don't know... a failing social standing, or economic status. Or another kind of falling into – more like someone who gets trapped in a "fashion" moment.

Like this URL, where beauty IS consuming, beauty is the new:
http://www.thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

Charley

Anonymous said...

The photo is a hoot
! can't tell if I do or dont like the outfit.. It seems you need a taller 'shooter', I think.
As to the 'amount of sweaters one should own,I have nary a clue.
I have sweaters under my bed I have not worn for 15 years.
I suppose one could cut them in half. ...or pick your top "favorites' the ones you really wear more often.